I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, July 18, 2008

Capture the Flag

Allen & Ginter comes out next week and while my 2007 base set is complete, I'm not going to finish off the insert sets in time. I'm still missing 1 N43 (A-Rod), 3 National Pride (6, 8, 9), 1 Emperor (friggin' Caligula) and about half of the flags. It's kind of silly that the flags is the set most in disarray since the idea originally was to just collect that set and ignore all the others. Of course, I searched for '07 flags, found some from 1888, and then things went all higgelty piggelty and the '07 inserts were ignored for a while.

Recently though I got an e-mail from a fellow trying to complete his own set seeing if I had any to trade. I had three he needed in my doubles pile, he had these that I needed:


Whoa. that's a World War worth of flags right there. Since he was way closer to completion than me I cannibalized a few more out of my set to help him finish off and made an 8 for 13 trade. Now I'm only 12 away but this poor guy only needs Honduras to finish not one but two flag sets. Can anyone out there help this guy out? All he needs is one little Honduras.

Since someone asked here are the flags I still need:

Bulgaria
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Honduras
India
Indonesia
Italy
Mexico
Peru
Puerto Rico

Rewards will be given for anyone with these flags, but we really need HONDURAS. I'm fine living vicariously through John and his two complete sets for the moment.

My woefully unupdated wantlist is here.

4 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

I don't have a Honduras flag card, but what flags are you lacking still? You may have that info somewhere on the blog, but I'll just admit, I'm lazy today.

Anonymous said...

I have Columbia and Indonesia available for trade. I have a few common holes in my 07 upperdeck and 08 upperdeck. My email address is mharwoods@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

This ebay auction has Honduras and most of the flags you need. Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2007-Allen-Ginter-FLAGS-OF-ALL-NATIONS-35-Card-Lot_W0QQitemZ260263773056QQihZ016QQcategoryZ149904QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anonymous said...

dayf, I happen to have an extra Caligula card that I'd be happy to send to you. Just send me an email with your address and it's yours. You can find my email address at my blog.