I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Evening the Playing Field

Here are the Allen & Ginter Codes I've gotten off the web. All are eyeballed off of sketchy scans so don't take it as gospel. I'll update/correct as new information becomes available. (latest update: 7/29) Let's make sure some case breaking dealer doesn't get his face on a card next year.

Updated to include card numbers, complete codes are in bold.

WGV1 Kerri Strug -
Y-W-T-E-Q-Z-G-D-S-U-O
R-T-G-H-Y-L-A-W-L-O-P

WGV2 Mark Spitz -
G-3-4-E-R-N-J-2-I-S-O

H-T-E-I-W-Y-H-C-T-D-S


WVG3 Jonas Salk -
B-R-E-I-E-T-Q-N-F-H-A
6-E-P-Q-W-Y-7-E-N-B-E

WGV4 Man Walks on the Moon -
6-M-J-D-U-R-H-T-B-E-N
E-T-6-D-H-Q-M-A-S-O-P


WGV5 John Lester -
E-M-O-F-T-R-I-B-N-U-5
H-F-R-3-M-S-N-L-W-2-1
WGV6 The Fall of the Berlin Wall -
M-X-K-D-H-Y-R-U-A-T-C

N-C-T-U-2-H-D-L-P-M-Q


WGV7 David and Goliath -
H-D-T-E-2-G-I-L-D-A-C
H-W-T-Q-U-7-V-S-B-A-W

WGV8 Gary Carter and the '86 Mets
C-M-M-B-F-Y-N-Q-O-S-A
K-R-J-U-D-B-C-T-N-W-E

WGV9 The Battle of Gettysburg -
S-G-G-L-D-F-N-E-W-R-E
T-R-N-1-Y-L-W-V-P-S-A

WGV10 Deep Blue -
W-P-K-L-D-N-I-N-H-9-S
T-6-W-R-R-K-L-M-A-B-N

WGV11 The Allied Forces -
A-I-N-3-P-F-G-Q-N-T-S
A-J-K-E-8-T-H-E-J-C-S.

WGV12 Don Larsen -
P-5-L-N-C-V-Z-N-F-X-I
V-Z-H-S-K-X-H-E-Y-2-9

WGV13 Truman Defeats Dewey -
S-K-S-L-E-O-B-Z-Q-T-Y
D-E-E-B-6-W-T-H-Y-U-M

WGV14 The American Revolution -
K-F-1-T-H-I-T-D-E-A-N
V-B-W-N-F-1-4-L-A-W

WGV15 2004 ALCS -
E-J-R-8-D-G-S-D-A-L-K
R-Y-A-C-N-E-O-Q-0-P-J

WGV16 The Battle of Thermopylae
S-5-E-P-G-W-T-8-H-Y-S
S-B-D-G-H-T-H-T-U-J-D

WGV17 Brown v. The Board of Education -
G-E-7-S-F-H-J-T-R-Y-C
5-F-H-T-U-W-N-7-V-A-C

WGV18 Team Orange -
A-O-P-E-F-S-C-T-O-R-E
T-H-H-F-G-6-S-N-B-A-K

(OPE? Purity of Essence?)

WGV19 Bill Mazeroski -
D-P-O-E-J-F-M-D-O-D-H

S-H-P-L-A-H-W-B-O-D-B


(POE! There it is again! Topps is corrupting our precious bodily fluids!)

WGV20 Cinderella - (wtf?)
P-E-G-8-B-Z-R-A-P-A-P
F-G-3-R-Q-T-Y-A-M-K-C

Also here's the checklist of the rather bizarre Team Orange mini cards that land two per case courtesy of JayBee.

Team Orange

TO1-Cornelius Franks
TO2-"Mittens" McCluskey
TO3-Capt W. P. Mantooth
TO4-"Wheelbarrow" Walker
TO5-Archibald Clinker
TO6-Minty Beans
TO7-Francisco Fiasco
TO8-Thurgood Cartwright IV
TO9-Enzo DiStubbs
TO10-Sir "Wagonwheels" Stevens

If you manage to crack the sucker, e-mail Topps at CODE at TOPPS dot COM. Good luck...

Corrections, updates, cease & desist orders and general tomfoolery can be posted in the comments.

Minty Beans. Good grief...

5 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

Look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?


(Since I haven't the foggiest what the actual post was about I decided to take you up on your generous offer to post tomfoolery)

James B. Anama said...

I have the Kerri Strug and Washington Crosses the Delaware codes at home (which by the way is different than what was on the sales flyer...go figure huh).

Thanks for the codes. I'm giving these to my mom. She loves those cryptopuzzles in the Dell puzzle magazines. If she can't figure them out, then all hope is lost.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

dayf said...

What in God's holy name are you blathering about, motherscratcher?

Anonymous said...

Apparently there's a Mark Spitz one (#2), though I don't see it on your list. And I'm wondering if the card backs have something to do with the code.

Deep Blue is card #10, in case they have to be in order.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but thought no one in their right mind would share this stuff.

I wonder what Topps does if a group of people "crack the code?"

Anonymous said...

Once you crack the code....then what? Do you call Topp's?