I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I wish I had bought a pack of Black Hole cards back in the '80s now

Happy Large Hadron Collider Switch On day! Now soon we will know if Stephen Hawking is full of crap or not. (My money is on not) While some people are worried that this thing will cause the world to end in a puff of smoke, the fact is that the sort of collisions that the device will create happen all the time in the upper atmosphere. It's just really really hard to get all the particle detectors up there. Many scientists see this as a great opportunity. If you're interested in learning more, there's plenty of info online, including trivia and even comics. Hawking might win a Nobel Prize out of all this, but I think he deserves an Allen & Ginter card too.





UPDATE: Gamers out there will appreciate this.

Everyone else can find out if the Large Hadron Collider has destroyed the earth or not by clicking on this helpful page. It made me feel much better when I clicked.

1 comment:

Andy said...

That's a mockup right? We should have that on Things Done to Cards.