I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, September 19, 2008

Stream of conciousness while checking out the 2008 Donruss Threads sell sheet

You can follow along with the sell sheet here if you like. It's a pdf file so be careful with crashy browsers.

Out in October... four bucks a pack.

Looks like '08 Football Threads.

I got a pack of that by accident and haven't bothered to post it to A Pack A Day yet.

Maybe in a couple weeks.

Pete Rose... Nice.

I don't give a crap if he sold nuclear blueprints to the Chinese. Put the bastard in the Hall already.

Put the plaque in the john if it bugs you that bad.

Inside the urinal.

I don't care, he's got more hits than anyone else ever. Put the bastard in already.

Four hits a box... 10 inserts.... blah blah blah.

Ooo- Shoeless Joe relic.

HANK AARON RELIC.

Me likey.

Ok... 100 card set. Legends and... draft picks.

Well, it's kind of a Legends set at least.

Wait, draft picks... aw crap. The Braves traded theirs for a crappy Glavine Swan Song.

Rats.

50 rookie autos and... 150 regular autos? That's a lot of autos... I wonder who the non-rookie autos are.

Blah blah blah 8 billion parallels inserts and jerseys and etc. etc. etc. HOLY SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP

OH SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE AT LAST I'VE FOUND YOU

Hank Aaron Diamond King?! Well, there's one card I have to get before I die.

Excuse me... I believe I have come down with a case of the vapors.

Hank. Aaron. Diamond King.

God Bless Donruss.

Cool, shoeless. I'm liking this set.

Wait, what? 12 different versions of the Hank Aaron Diamond King? Yikes.

Well, on the bright side, more Hanks out there. I should be able to find one of 'em.



Clear sticker rookie autos. The dames call it "Quality".

Anyone who knows what that sexist reference means is all right with me.

Every year UGA baseball plays Wofford and I saw a bunch of games against them when I was in Athens.

I think one of those games might have been a no-hitter by Brian Powell, but I'm not really sure.

I could have bought a signed baseball by Brian at one of the games once, but I passed. I regretted it afterward though. The next game I went to a game I asked about them, but they had to stop selling them because the NCAA got on their ass about student athletes making money for anyone other than the NCAA or some crap.

The NCAA sucks.

Ok, I'm sort of losing interest in this product. What next.

Oh goody. More Americana cards. Just what we need, more celebrities in baseball carOHMYGAWD

LOU!


HEY ABBOTT!

This is the best thing evar! Oh wait... they short printed them to 500 serial numbered copies? weak. Totally weak weak we-what what WHAT??

LOU COSTELLO RELIC CARDS???

*swoon*

*wakes up*

*looks at sell sheet*

*faints again*

*regains composure*

I WANT LOU COSTELLO'S PANTS!!!!!!!1

*so much for regaining composure*

Wait, what? Signatures?

They dead.

Ghosts don't sign.

It says numbered to 100 or less, I'm guessing less.

Maybe it's a cut.

Whadda I mean maybe?? They dead. it hasta be a cut.

Eh, I don't need a sig, I just want his pants. Or maybe a tie. I should probably stop talking about Lou Costello's pants.

(but I want them)

This concludes the creepy part of my sell sheet review.

Donruss Threads: releasing October 22nd, $4.00 per hobby pack, 24 packs per box, 4 autographs and memoriboblia cards per box with at least 2 autographs, 10 inserts per box, lord knows how many parallels, AND LOU COSTELLO'S PANTS MAYBE.

All information is accurate as of posting (except for the end of the creepyness bit) content is subject to change to Chick Gandil, a 48th round pick of the Cubs, some American Idol rejects and Joe Besser's undershorts without warning.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Between this post and your Moments and Milestones post on A Pack A Day, you are on a roll, sir.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I needed a laugh today... although,I kinda have to agree with you on the Lou Costello Pants

Anonymous said...

"brilliant interior monologue"

"a post that turns the baseball card blog genre on its head"

"*****"

Anonymous said...

How did Donruss get away with including Rose in the set?