I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dawgs in Arizona

I need to post an old card for good luck today, but I don't have any Arizona State cards. I do have this one though of their rivals from Arizona. Fullback Arnold Burwitz should be able to put the whammy on the Sun Devils with the help of his...

Bright Pink Pants!!!

I'm running out of time to write this post so there's not going to be a lot of commentary on this one. This is from 1951 Topps (Rutgers Cards posted one last week) which was supposed to be a 'scratch off' card. I've never seen an unscratched one, so I don't know if this is a fake or not. I can't possibly believe that someone would counterfeit Arnold, but I haven't seen enough of these cards to know what they really look like. The back sure don't look scratchy. The campus photo and line drawing logo is pretty cool though.


Just in case this Arizona doesn't sufficiently jinx Arizona State, here's a 2008 Classics insert of Hines Ward. Now that's a purty uniform. No pink pants there!


UPDATE: The pants worked. UGA 27, ASU 10. The Dawgs will probably drop to #7 in the polls now since they only won by 17. Luckily Knowshon Moreno impregnated the entire Arizona State cheerleading squad during halftime so that will probably keep us from falling out of the Top 10. I keep telling Mark Richt to rip the head off the opposing head coach and drink the blood of his vanquished foe during the postgame interview because that's the kind of stuff that really gets the attention of the voters, but he's just too nice a guy I guess...

2 comments:

Matt said...

I haven't seen an unscratched '51 Topps Magic either. I've been looking for a Monahan for a while...no dice.

Captain Canuck said...

-5 yards rushing for the game? The ENTIRE game?

ye gods man... did they play with 10 guys?