I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trade with West Virginia




I got this recently from Billy over at West Virginia Cards. I've sent him some stuff and I got this back in return off of his doubles list.


A few Heritage cards that were missing from my set...

Can ya believe I needed both David Wright cards?

A few mid '80s cards to fill some holes in my collection. Check out the powder blues and the Padres day-glo brown. Oh sweet polyester...

POPS! Willie is number 1. I thought I had all his cards from the '80s but I was wrong.

A Fleer Update card of one of the Braves' many mediocre outfielders back in the dismal era. Actually now that I look at his stats he wasn't that bad, but he wasn't that good either.

Ah, this is the card I really wanted. Now the only one I need for the Presidential Predictor set is Bush and Gore. Well, that and the super short print of Obama stealing home like he's Jackie Robinson, but I'm not holding my breath till I get that one. Right now Johnny Mac is looking more like Billy Consolo than Teddy Ballgame, but the polls are still close and I'm sure he'll be fine as soon as he gets through Trooper-Baby-Earmark-Preggo-Secede-From-The-Union-Who-The-Hell-Vetted-This-Person-Anyway-Gate. I personally am rooting for the Republican delegates to revolt at the convention, reject Palin's nomination and vote in Ron Paul to be McCain's running mate. Then I could crack open a beer, get a bag of popcorn and sit back and watch the entire internet explode.

Hey, what's this??


Chipper! A minor league card! One I don't have yet! At least I don't have it in my big box o' Chipper cards. Sweet! I need to trade with this guy more often.

4 comments:

Billy Suter said...

I've got more doubles where those came from. All you gotta do is tell me what you need.

Billy Suter said...

Oh, and when John Denver wrote "Country Roads", he had never been to West Virginia before. Some of his friends had been to this area, and he was so inspired that he wrote a song about it. I'm guessing his friends went to Virginia, because they have the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah River, and we don't.

Anonymous said...

The David Wright card on the righthand side must be from the Museum of Serious Portraiture in Bizarro World. Nevertheless, we're jealous.

Anonymous said...

I have the Obama stealing home. Being an Obama supporter I thought the card was awesome. I didn't know it was super rare though.

PAB