I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting Rid of Kosuke

I had someone bite on my offer to take away some of the Kosuke Fukudome cards I've been plagued with recently. Davis of Oklahoma is a big Cubs fan (but we won't hold that against him) and needed a Goudey rookie. We worked out a swap of the Goudey and the Heroes double card of Ichiro and Kosuke for a couple of mini cards. I threw in a few Cubs and a Dice-K to sweeten the pot. When it comes to mini cards or Cubs, the minis win every time in Casa de Dayf. I was slack about getting to the post office so I received these yesterday before I sent his package. Now I feel shame. The cards kick ass though!

2008 A&G 260 Mark Teixeira mini

THE FIRST BASEMAN THAT ATE MYRTLE BEACH

Well, the Braves' minor league team at Myrtle Beach at any rate. I've soured on Tex, but I love the pose in this figure. Very supervillainesque. "You puny mortals will never defeat the power of my MechaBoras Contract! MUAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!" Then the girl screams and runs and twists her ankle and the brave hero calls in the airstrike and Tex loses his balance swatting at the jet fighters and falls on top of a Mexican restaurant where he discovers to his horror that his secret weakness is guacamole. The good guys win in the end and the the hero whips off his fedora and gives the girl a great big smooch. After the credits a graveyard scene is shown and suddenly a hand wearing a gold glove pops up from the grave. THE END......?

2008 Goudey HPC-11 Hit Joe Montana Parade of Champions

I freaking love these cards. The whole set is like a tiny callery of ionic photos. Even the LaDanian Tomlinson card that doesn't fit with the rest of the cards shows LT wearing the sweet powder blue unis. The first three I pulled were of Reggie's swing, Orr's leap and Michael Jordan making out with the NBA Championship Trophy. I was hooked then. Once I get the set together I'll have to post a gallery.

I think I did pretty good in exchange for some Fukus, don't you? I hope the cards I sent are as enjoyed as much as these.

3 comments:

deal said...

Game just ended. 4 hours of September baseball - strange plays, Lead Changes, Big Homers, plays at the plate.
I realize the Braves have a lot of new and young players (and this is only 1 game) but has their defense slipped this year? I always remember the Braves rookies being game ready when they get called up. Tonight's group just didn't seem anywhere near as ready. Especially that dropped force out at second.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the cards. I look forward to mine and will let you know!

http://jobsnews24.net said...

Thanks for share. this is very helpfull article... JobsNews24.Net