I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, September 22, 2008

No Gas

So the plan for this weekend was to get all the packages of cards for trades and contests ready to mail so I could ship them off today. I got them together (well, most of them) and went out to run the daily errands. One of which was to fill up on gas as I'm down to less than a quarter of a tank. Problem: there ain't no gas. Just about anywhere. Certainly not in my neck of the woods, 9 out of 10 stations have their pumps bagged and that tenth... hoo boy. Have you ever seen gas lines from the '70s? Replace the boats and bugs with hybrids and hummers and that's about what it looks like here. Long story short, the summer to winter blend change makes supplies of fuel scarce around here every September, and when a couple of hurricanes beat up on the gulf coast that causes shortages.

This is my fault though. I'm usually pretty good about keeping my tank half full at least but I drove past a crowded station last Friday because I didn't want to deal with the lines. The only time I left the house this weekend was in my wife's car and when I went out today in dire need of a fill up I found myself in a petroleum desert. I saw exactly three stations with fuel in my Acworth to Marietta circle today and all three were so crowded you couldn't get in the parking lot. Now I'm stuck with not even enough gas to get to work and back and a trip to the post office is unfortunately not a priority until I get a full tank. So to the dozen or so people I owe cards to, I apologize for the delay.

The mailman has gas though, and I got a bunch of goodies today from David, Mario, Eric, Daniel, Sid and Travis. They always come all at once, don't they... Thanks guys, I'll e-mail you all tonight and start posting this week.

Since we're out of gas, here's some members of the Gashouse Gang to get that fuel a' flowing.



Yeah, they're reprints, but reprints are nice too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumpin' Jack Flash, those are some cool cards!

I hope your gas problems are alleviated soon.

dayf said...

You like 'em? look up "Bert Sugar Dover Reprint" on Amazon and you can get your own if they are in stock. You'll have to trim off the borders yourself though.

I also received your prize last week, thanks! That reminds me - I need to do a post on that too...