I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Turn Back The Clock

This is the opening weekend of the No Fun League and it's time for Topps to have their yearly promotion of a retro football card pack for five cents. This year Topps rips off pays tribute to the ultra-fantastic 1959 football design. Bright colored backgrounds and the name in eye straining blue and red lettering are the epitome of 1950's kitsch. It's a 40 card set this year and is broken down as follows:

  • Odd numbered cards are inserted into packs of 2008 Topps Football.
  • Even numbered cards are available weekly at your local hobby shop.
  • This weekend you get the first 5 cards in a 5 cent pack.

I'm not sure which five will be in the special pack this week, but for a nickel, it's worth it. Some stores have a special promo poster with all 40 cards on it as a giveaway. I scanned mine so you can take a look at the set. Click on the images for a better look.


Not bad looking eh? The other 15 giveaway cards will be available one per week throughout the season. I swore off football cards this year, but these are mighty tempting. I really need to get help for my retro card addiction.

1 comment:

Andy said...

They wasted no time at all in getting Matt Ryan onto a Falcons card.