I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Gotta Post Something

Today is going to be a long, painful day for uncle Dayf. I might not even see my computer again until late this evening. I don't want to leave my faithful readers out in the cold though, so here's a random 1955 Bowman card.

New York Yankee Eddie Robinson. Eddie played for 7 of the original 8 American League teams during his career. Anyone know which one he didn't play for? Whoever wrote in Eddie's status as a coach did it after 1957, when he became a coach for the Paul Richards led Orioles. Eddie followed Paul around to a few places, including the Braves where he became the General Manager from 1972-1975. Eddie won a championship with the Indians in '48, his first full season in the bigs. He had his best seasons with the White Sox, tallying 71 homers and 294 RBIs in just over two and a half seasons with the Pale Hose. While Steve, David, Kevin and I can all clain Eddie as one of our guys, on this card he is a proud Yankee with a ball superglued in the pocket of his glove.

2 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

Why does he wear his baeball glove while he's directing traffic?

Steve Gierman said...

The only one he didn't play for was the Boston Red Sox, but he was a scout for them later on.