I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You Too Can Be A Winner!

I've told you all before about the numerous contests at 88 Topps Blog. Andy gives away so much stuff, he's like Santa Claus without the elves. I recently won another contest there (and helped someone else win too) and I thought I should give his fantastic blog another shout out while showing off my swag.

First of all, I got two packs: One I posted here, and another I'll be posting on A Pack A Day later tonight. I got two cool inserts in the packs but you'll have to check out the rips to see them.

Andy sent three Braves out of 2008 A Piece of History or Artifacts or whatever it's called this year. Glavine (hurt) Smoltz (really hurt) and Frenchy (sucks this year). I don't think I have any of them yet plus Jeff is one of those subtle parallel cards so three more Braves for the collection!

Three Goudey cards including CHIPPER!!! Kelly and a beer coaster. Chipper's going into the Chipper box as soon as I find a spare toploader and the other two will join my Goudey cards unless someone out there needs them for a set.

And finally Matt Diaz. Matt's on the 60 day DL and probably won't be seen in a Braves uniform again this season, if ever. Good lord, it's depressing writing about the Braves right now.

Ah, this is the reason I entered that contest in the first place. I've been wanting to read this since it first came out, but I'm too cheap to pay for a hardback, too lazy to go to the library and never found it used. Now I get to read all about John's triumphs, victories and triumphs, with a few triumphant anecdotes thrown in for good measure. Yeah, so John's a bit full of himself, but who cares. He may be an arrogant jerk, but he's OUR arrogant jerk and the mickeyfickey knows how to win. He also knows when to get the hell out of dodge at the right time. Stupid Frank Wren's team keeps losing! BRING BACK SCHUERHOLZ!

Also check out Auto-Matic for some 88 Topps autographs I won from Andy as well. They will be up as soon as I scan them, upload the photos, write the post and then publish. That should happen soon, maybe.

No comments: