I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Upper Deck Fat Packs - Series 1 and 2

Upper Deck Series 1 and 2 Combo Fat Packs are in stores now, you can get one pack of 36 cards for five bucks or a blaster of 5 packs for 20. It's a good way to amass some '08 UD if you're coming into the game late. You're not going to find 165-170 base cards for 20 bucks many places. For comparison the regular blasters have about 65 base cards, 10 StarQuests, a jersey card and a handful of inserts. The catch with the Fat Packs is there are no game used or inserts other than Yankee Stadium Cards and the two per pack bonus inserts. The pack I got (solely for the card below, I admit) contained 15 cards from series 1, 18 from series 2, a Mariano Rivera YSL insert and two of the following bonus cards:

All the packs I saw had these Infield Power cards showing on the back. Strange since the wrapper (featuring Derek Jeter and Josh Beckett) says in big bold letters at the top '2 ROOKIE DEBUT CARDS in every pack'! Well, there was no Rookie Debut cards in there but I did get my 13th Kosuke rookie in the pack. I'm happy with the Chipper insert instead of even more cards of this year's lackluster rookie crop. This card has a serious mid nineties Ultra insert vibe going on with it. It's nice enough looking though. The other insert in the pack was the Rays' first baseman Carlos Pena. If any Rays fans out there absolutely have to have it let me know.

3 comments:

Gellman said...

Man, I really dont understand why you buy this stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-UPPER-DECK-BASEBALL-SERIES-1-COMPLETE-SET-1-400_W0QQitemZ280264039286QQihZ018QQcategoryZ159964QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-UPPER-DECK-BASEBALL-SERIES-2-COMPLETE-SET-401-799_W0QQitemZ280264036065QQihZ018QQcategoryZ159964QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sam r said...

can i have one of your 13 kosukes? I cant seem to pull 1!

Matt said...

My wife, who is newly converted to baseball, finds no greater joy than loudly yelling Fuku-DOME whenever the situation arises.