I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, October 23, 2011

1954 Topps Cartoons - #6 Assault & Battery

It only took two weeks, but I finally got over my flash drive rage and rescanned all the '54 cartoon cards. I also scanned 1955 as well and I'm going to upload the lot of them to Picasa before my laptop moves an inch. I'm not losing all these images again! The White Sox get two straight 'toons on the countdown, not that anyone remembers the last cartoon post I did.


That's Al Sima, not Al    A. the front of the card is a bit, um, loved. Loved cards are the best cards.

Toonage:


Best known as a pitcher, he's good at other sports too!


He is considered one of the best bowlers in the Major Leagues!


An amateur boxer in his youth, he won a sectional Golden Gloves crown in the 175-pound class!

So in review... Al can pitch. Al Can bowl. Al can snap the necks of rival males in ritual displays of aggression. Rope that dope, Al!


Back in the saddle again! More toons tomorrow!

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

3 straight posts without ponies?!?!

dayf caves to the masses... sells out. May become Yankees fan...

dayf said...

Awwww, Canuck misses the ponies. I got ya covered, buddy!