I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Mick in lieu of toons

I am totally not ready to start the 1954 Topps cartoons. I thought I would have time to get 'er done on a day off but I slept in because I could, worked for a while because I had to, chased after the kids for a while because I was unfortunate enough to get laid at some point in my past and then had to take the rugrats to a birthday party where one of them was forbidden to have fun because of some transgression this morning. I took the sketch pad with me to the Chuckie Cheeze and drew Mr. Topps while one child ran around like a maniac and the other one sulked while doing homework.



Some random worker at the Cheeze Factory made my day by coming up to me and saying she noticed I was sketching and asked if I drew for anyone. I told her that it was just a hobby and she said I was really good. I went into bashful mode, she went on with her duties and about five minutes later when I realized someone actually gave me a complement I started floating around the room. Thanks, Miss Chuck E Cheese sweeper upper!

Now its the time when I let it go to my head and start acting like a temperamental Arteest. You peasants will get 1954 Topps cartoons when I feel like it!

2 comments:

Andy said...

I thought it was so obvious that it never occurred to me to post that your sketches are awesome. Quite honestly I have been blown away by how good they are--at least 1,000 times better than anything I could do.

dayf said...

Andy - thanks. I think I still need a lot of practice, but it is a big boost to hear someone tell you that what you're doing is good.

"at least 1,000 times better than anything I could do"

I thought this exact thing a couple of months ago. Then I got drunk one night and drew some pictures of some random stuff I liked on ffffffound, then a little over a month ago I decided to draw a little every day. Now I can do this. You don't know what you can do until you try doing it. And if you suck at something, try something else! Kind of an obvious thing, but difficult (for me) to learn.