I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Joy of a Completed Team Set - 1968 Topps

Yep, that marked up, creased up beat up ol' checklist completed my 1968 Topps team set. Yes, I include floaty head checklist cards in my team sets. I chased that Felipe Alou card for years to complete the set only to realize Clete Boyer was on a checklist. The rage, it burned. It's done now though and I'm so happy I scanned the backs too. Enjoy the burlapy Braves goodness.

 

5 comments:

Hackenbush said...

I like Joe Torre but I think he could have scared the kids on Halloween back then without a mask. He actually looks better 40+ years later. Congrats on completing your set.

night owl said...

Those leaders cards always get me. There are a bunch of leaders cards with Dodgers on them from about 30 different years that I need to track down.

I try not to think about it.

Eric C. Loy said...

Did you get the variation of the Boyer checklist card?

Jim from Downingtown said...

Congratulations, dayf!

Jim from Downingtown

dayf said...

Hackenbush - Joe REALLY looks rough on some of his cards from the early '60s.

Night Owl - Two words: Koufax. Drysdale. That's 75 % of every pitching leader card of the '60s.

Eric - if it falls in my lap one day I'll take it, but I'm not worrying about variations on team sets.

Jim - Thanks, Jim! Do I have all your blogs in the reading list? I've lost track.