I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Lud & Art

I don't care if this has nothing to do with baseball cards, life isn't all about cards. Dear God, what did I just say... Never mind, happy birthday Arthur C. Clarke, who is 90 today. If you haven't read one of his books, try Rendezvous with Rama or the one pictured below. You'll thank me for it.

Also someone as obsessed with Peanuts as I am can't ignore Beethoven's birthday, even if he never did get his picture on a bubble gum card. Actually I'm pretty sure he has, but I can't find one to prove it. Until I can, that biatch Lucy wins again. Here's Schroeder playing some Beethoven in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" in his honor.



Oh, DAMN. Wrong clip. Sorry about that. Here's Moonlight Sonata to make up for that little faux pas. Enjoy...

4 comments:

Bay Rat North West said...

I have been going through cards and came across a 2004 Bazooka Adventures Jersey card of Greg Maddux. It is a refractor Numbered 8 / 25 if you want it. My email is oljoe73@gmail. Let me know.

--David said...

Hey, man, this site shows a couple tobacco cards with Beethoven on them!! http://www.lvbeethoven.com/Cartes/Cards06Cigarettes.html

--David said...

UGH, that link should end with .html but it got cut off...

dayf said...

Sadly those are tobacco cards. Lucy specifically stated bubblegum cards (although the mental image of Lucy with a big wad of chaw or an enormous stogie in her mouth is hysterical) and as far as I can tell there's no bubble gum card of Beethoven that I have found. A whole damn set of New Kids on the Block, but not one single Ludwig van Beethoven.