I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Package from Dinged Corners

This package of goodies came by way of Dinged Corners and their new organizational techniques. I should probably get some tips from them, 'cause I have cards scattered all over the place for about 6 people right now.

2008 Legendary Cuts John Smoltz Jersey

First I was like, yeah, Smoltzie! Then I was like, hey, jersey? Then I was like, how'd they end up getting Legendary cuts? I haven't even got a pack of that stuff yet! I like how the ball is perched right on the top of the border.

Mess 'O Heroes

I like this set, but I'm probably going to build a Braves team set (most of which might be right here) and ditch everything else other than the retired players.

2004 Matrix Bosh/Heinrich/ Lebron James mini rookie trio

This is one of the weirdest sets ever. It's wierd even for basketball cards. The set was designed with a super futuristic nightmare motif, with tons of metal and neon green, but it also had framed mini cards like in Allen & Ginter and Topps205, and finally had a subset of perforated tri-mini rookie cards based on the 1980-81 Topps basketball set. This one is probably the best out of the set, with Chris Bosh and Lebron mini rookies. I am going to try valiantly to resist the urge to separate the three cards.

Random Braves

Gotta love random Braves. Especially a 1990 Topps Ron Gant in the middle of all those newfangled shiny UV coated foily cards.

BUUUUUURP

When I saw this sticker I immediately thought of this post from Thorzul. Heineken?!?

08 Goudey Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe

Funny thing about this card... I used to have it, but I made a big swap of Goudey cards with Dave at Fielder's Choice. He bought a case of Goudey and still wasn't able to complete the set. I swapped him all of the short prints I had that he needed and he sent back a large pile of Goudeys in return, including all I needed for the common set. One of the cards he needed was this card of Mr. Howe. I was reluctant to part with it, but I'm not collecting the Sports Royalty set so I let it go. Now, good trading karma has unexpectedly brought the card back to me. But that's not all, one of the cards I received from Dave in that trade was...

This Chipper Jones Sports Royalty card that I also received from Patricia and Lucy. So by giving up #9 of the Red Wings temporarily, I got not one but two Chippers.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Good Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad that you liked the Legendary Cuts card; when we saw that, it actually had "DAYF" written all over it. Well, not actually actually.

Organization seems to be a twelve-step process and we have barely taken the first step. You are obviously coping very well with a complex trading system. We have a looong way to go.

Thanks dayf.

dayf said...

"You are obviously coping very well with a complex trading system."

6 trades
4 piles
2 bubble mailers

6+4+2=12 I need a thirteenth step