I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Return of the Blog Pimpin'

I haven't done one of these in a while and people refuse to believe the disclaimer above my blogroll that I'll link damn near anybody, so why not. Here's another Pimpin' Blogs segment here at The Junk. These are all blogs I found out about recently and would like you to go check out since I am suffering from writer's constipation and can't figure out what to post like them all so much. They should all be linked in the Daily Reading and Blogroll portions of the side bar, so go check' em out - you won't regret it.

Kimaloo Cards

Yankee fan, Allen & Ginter collector and estrogen-enhanced human. Gotta love that. I was the 286th hit on her blog when I first saw it, go out and giver her a thousand real quick.

Confessions of a Sports Junkie

This fellow Junkie have been around since 2006. His first post predates mine by three months so he is actually the Dean of the Junkies. There's some great stuff on there too like this recent post that attempts to recreate the 1978 tiebreaker game between the Red Sox and Yankees using the game on the back of '78 Topps cards. The real reason I'm finally pimpin' this blog is because he has also taken on this new blog:

1984 Topps Cards

In the spirit of 88 Topps Cards, CSD is posting every Topps card from 1984. He's starting with the Ralston-Purina set, and it looks like we're in for a good ride. Now speaking of blogs focusing on a single set of cards...


Andy's follow up to 88 Topps cards will be coming online very soon. Keep an eye out for it!

Cardboard Icons

This guy's been around since July, but I didn't know about it until Mario put him in the Heavenly 7. Realizing I've been missing out on this great blog was a terrible shock to me as he's featured cards of Andy Pafko! And Tom Tresh with a huge rookie cup! And the '58 Topps Mantle/Aaron combo card! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THESE THINGS!?!

garvey cey russell lopes

dodger bliss. and when I say bliss, i really mean bliss. this is a great new blog, and i especially appreciate his steadfast refusal to capitalize. that's poetry right there, man.

Night Owl Cards

Another Dodger fan and fellow insomniac vampire. Good stuff in this blog including - what else - Night cards!

Padrographs

Autographs of Padres. Simple, eh?

If there's anyone out there I missed, or who aren't linked, or are linked and just want some pimpin', leave a message in the comments and I'll pimp out some more blogs in a post next week. In the meantime keep on postin'!

2 comments:

csd said...

Thanks for the pimpin'. I guess I owe you at the end of the night. I won't come up short.

Anonymous said...

Lulz @ the estrogen-enhanced human part! Thanks for pimpin' me. :P