I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Georgia vs. LSU

This game worries me. It doesn't scare me to death like the South Carolina game or next week's nightmare, but I'm not feeling good about it. Georgia has beat LSU their last two appearances though, and they certainly have the talent to pull it off. It's also not a night game which is nice. Baton Rouge gets a little crazy at night. Like UGA ending up in the gumbo crazy. Here's another 1955 Topps All-American card that will hopefully ward off the Tigers.

Ken Kavanaugh was retired from the NFL for five years by the time this card was released. Ken starred as a receiver back when teams just didn't pass all that often. Even so he was the Southeastern Conference MVP in 1939. Oh yeah, he also played Defensive End. That was hardcore football in those days. Ken was drafted by the Bears after his college days and played 8 seasons in Chicago. He missed the 42-44 seasons as he served as a bomber pilot in World War 2. He was a productive receiver for the Bears and amazingly still held four team records at the time of his death in 2007.


As you can see, the wonderful '55 back has the requisite exclamation point in the writeup and one of the weirdest cartoons ever. Anthropomorphic pigs in football gear (but no pants) prancing about in suggestive poses. I think the cartoon right there ensures a Bulldog victory, don't you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is sopposed to be about baseball so stop posting this collage football crap. it's annoying.

Anonymous said...

start another blog if you love collage football so much and name it "ncaaf junkie" i come to this blog to read about baseball.

madding said...

Wow. I like how that guy was so pissed off that it took him two comments to express his feelings.

Those pigs are really creepy. It looks like it's working so far.

Billy Suter said...

Actually, anonymous (if that is your real name), this blog is about collecting cards of any type. Nowhere in the title or description does it specifically mention baseball.

dayf said...

I'm terribly sorry, sir, that I have violated your rules for the blog I have been working on since 2006. I want to assure you that it will never ever happen again. In the future I will endeavor to better read your mind through telepathy, remote viewing and astral projection in order to better understand the arbitrary yet unbreakable rules in your head. I humbly beseech your forgiveness for spoiling your reading experience with my asinine desire to post the wrong sort of cards from my collection onto my blog. I deeply, deeply regret that I offended you so much that you were forced to post anonymously so your good name would not be sullied by association with the abomination I have unleashed upon this blog. Now I will go to to the penalty box for two minutes, by myself, and feel shame.