I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, October 31, 2008

Topps Acknowledges My Existence!

I just got an e-mail from a guy named Patrick who claims to edit videos for Topps. He sent me a link to the Topps Connections channel on YouTube. Now, the e-mail is from a gmail account and I can't really confirm that Patrick is who he says he is, but the fact that someone even claiming to work for Topps in a peripheral fashion has really brightened my day! Hey, I'm human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does. Anyway, in my malaise towards the card industry in general over the past few months I've managed to not find out about these videos before now and I'm glad they were pointed out to me. Thanks Patrick!

Here's a preview video from the only Bowman product I care about now that they killed off Heritage:

2008 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects





I've learned three things from this video:

Assistant Brand Manager Jim McKenna has a full display of those 21-cards-and-a-stick-of-gum packs in his office and I am jealous.

Gordon Beckham has a card in the set in a photoshopped White Sox uni.

Jason Heyward has an AFLAC All-American card in the set!


So go check out the videos while I finish up my Halloween post. Ot if you're still old school, go check out the sell sheets (PDF). I wonder when the 2009 Topps video will be up...

3 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

That Beckham is MINE! :)

That is so cool!

PunkRockPaint said...

Hey, Dayf! Since I am the son and heir of a shyness that was criminally vulgar, I wonder how soon is now?

Errr... When does it come out???

dayf said...

Bowman Draft typically hits the shelves in December. The release date I found online is 12/08, but we're talking about Topps, so that's plus or minus a week or two.