I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Get a Chauffeur Dumbass


Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine.

YOU ARE AN EXTREMELY HIGH PROFILE PLAYER FOR THE MOST HIGH PROFILE BASEBALL CLUB ON THE PLANET. GET SOMEONE TO DRIVE YOU WHEN YOU GO OUT BOOZING.

Seriously, pay a buddy to drive you around and avoid this. I just don't understand the dumb shit that athletes do when they have everything in the world to lose.



In other Yankee news, the crumbling economy has killed the market for Yankee Stadium Memorabilia. And the freaking Red Sox refuse to die, which is threatening to screw up a Phillies vs. Rays post that I have all ready to go. Bad times for Yankee Fans.

6 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

Oh wow, talk about killing off half of your fanbase.

Flash said...

Man, I can't believe he did this. You think people have more sense in this world and they just don't. I'm a Joba fan but I can't stand it when people do this. I hope he straightens up his act; he has a very bright future but it's his to blow.

dayf said...

This was a real disappointment to me tonight. I like the guy and it bewilders me how he can risk his career like that. Rafael Furcal had tons of DUI problems with the Braves (one time he had to go directly to jail after they were eliminated from the playoffs) but it looks like he's straightened himself out now. Maybe this will be a wake up call for Joba.

Laurens said...

I think the title should be renamed 'Joba Will Get a Pass,' since a number of fans will rationalize the act by mentioning the number of other people who do it, but don't get flagged for a DUI.

It maybe sad to say but a DUI is low on the totem pole as far as athletes' transgressions are concerned.

This will be forgotten by the time spring training rolls around and/or Joba when makes his first start and throws three shutout innings in his spring debut.

deal said...

And lets not forget a pretty big issue - he could of injured or killed a perfectly innocent person.

Anonymous said...

If you think about it we get to close to the players of today, tink about it if this happend in the 1930s-1960s nobody would know and if they did they wouldn't care. I mean if a pitcher had to have a beer to pitch well what do you tink the manager would do let the pitcher pitch wild or give him a beer to controll his pitches?