I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Card Award... Contest... Thing... I guess...

All About Cards is hosting a 2010 Sports Card Awards Thingy and is asking for nominations for some collector's choice awards. No, not that Collector's Choice. There's some sort of contest involved too and it ends really really soon I think so if you want to nominate something, do it now. I think I get an extra entry or something for pimping the contest, but that's not why I am posting this. I just want to show off my choices.


Sickest - Anything with Jason Heyward's autograph on it. If I have to choose one, the Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor. 
Set of the year - Tristar Obak is my favorite set of 2010 and it's not even close.
Mojo Box - Mojo is an illusion. A siren song from the card manufacturers designed to make collectors crash and burn on the rocky shores of economic reality. If you want a 'sweet mojo hit' JUST BUY THE DANG CARD ALREADY. YOU'LL SAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND YOUR SANITY TO BOOT. That being said, what the hell, 2010 Bowman I guess.


Ha ha! Did you read the snarky thing I wrote about Mojo? Aren't I cynical? WOOOO it's 1:30AM and I can't sleep! Ha! This post even seems like a good idea right now! INSOMNIA IS THE BEST!

4 comments:

dayf said...

Really though, I am extremely tired.

Chris Harris said...

There's only one end-of-year baseball card award that matters.

Yes kids, that's called foreshadowing.

dayf said...

Chris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

Baseball Nut said...

Link confirmed. Thanks for sharing.

BTW your mojo comment... aces, tired or not.

@ Chris Harris, with all due respect to the Gummies, there's always room for more pie. I salute you with a bottle of Seriously Bad Elf Beer for this holiday season.

Carboard Junkie and Stale Gum are on my daily checkouts/reads. Hope All About Cards becomes one of yours.