I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Want a No-Nonsense NFL Product?

Card Corner Club says to get this. I disagree. That set is 100% nonsense. Numbered base cards (that no one cares about) Numbered rookies (who will be out of the league in three months if not already) Numbered Legend cards (Retro doesn't work in Football) Jersey cards (found for a buck a pop on eBay) Draft Day Event Relics (LOLWORTHLESS) and Redemption Autograph cards (Because we all LOVE redemptions). All for ninety bucks a pack! I see no no-nonsense at all right there. You want true no-nonsense? You need to get


STICKERS

BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL STICKERS

FOR FREEDOM

Your call, 8 stickers for 1 buck or 8 gimmicks for 90.

8 comments:

Dennis said...

Wow, you weren't kidding--they opened a $90 pack, got that load of crap, and they're STILL recommending it?

SpastikMooss said...

Wow. TI don't know what made them more excited, the "Draft Day" jersey of a guy on the IR or the "Ebay 1/1" of a RB who's all but done in this league.

Stickers for the win.

Casey said...

I have some of these that were in the Boston Globe for like 4 weeks. Want em? I have the book too.

Captain Canuck said...

I've been asking Santa for this as of course no one in Canada sells this.

If Santa fails, I guess feebay will be my friend...

Jim from Downingtown said...

As opposed to a "nonsense" NFL product?

Has anyone seen comedian Brian Regan's bit about the "no-nonsense" judge?


Regan: "You sometimes read in the paper how such-and-such a case is being tried before a 'no-nonsense' judge. Does that mean instead of a 'nonsense' judge?"

He then goes on to imitate what a "nonsense" judge would be like.

Chris Harris said...

But, but, but, Limited has BIG MOJO HITZ!!!11!!

Doug said...

I'd take the stickers over the product too and I opened it. The no-nonsense tag was used only to emphasize the fact that the product isn't about collecting commons and that you are hoping for big hits.

It would be a herculean task to put together the sequentially numbered base set.

The value of NFL cards is in the toilet. But Panini did put in some names that aren't as overproduced as the 2010 rookie class and many of today's veterans.

It wasn't the best pack and it wasn't the worst, but I don't think I recommended it to anyone, I simply stated if you want hits only, you can look at Limited.

I could have complained about sticker autos and foil board some more, but ya know, everyone has opinions...

Why don't you call into our show and discuss your take, if I was recommending something for new collectors, I would and did recommend the stickers.

madding said...

If I was excited at all about the NFL this season, I would probably be working on the sticker album as I type this. Michael Vick sucked all of the fun out of the league for me, though.

I almost bought a 2007 Topps Total NFL pack yesterday for $1, but then I stopped myself...