I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, December 20, 2010

I just noticed this today

I have no idea how I missed this before, the guy is only one of my favorite players of all time...

2010 Obak Jim Bouton Autograph


Nice, eh? Now check this out:

1990 Pacific Legends Jim Bouton


Is this photo in the public domain or something? I've seen a lot of photos recycled on many different products, but I'm not sure if I've seen one in two completely different sets 20 years apart before. The background finagilization is kind of neat though. I'm not really complaining I guess, I just wish someone had the presence of mind to take more photographs of one of the greatest 20th century American writers of non-fiction. Besides, Obak did market their '10 product as using recycled materials...

3 comments:

OfficialBaseballcards said...

Very nice :)

Anonymous said...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/US/09/19/bouton.yankee/art.bball.card.jpg

If that works, you can see the image was taken by a Louis Requena, so I imagine they paid him for the rights to use it..?

I actually have no idea how the use of old images on new cards works.

Word verification: Booba
"I'm such a booba for not blogging anymore."

Fuji said...

Wow... great catch. I'm a huge fan of Obak... great card.