I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, December 6, 2010

Everybody wants my Cookie part 3

NO.  NO COOKIE FOR YOU!


MAH COOKIE!!!!

In other news, people are still offering up crappy crap like this in trade for actual vintage stuff.


Oliver Perez??? Seriously??????

DELETED.

Seriously, my faith in humanity is severely strained at this poi-

Wait, what?


Someone offered a card older than the one they were asking for? Really?


HOLY CRAP IT'S A HIGH NUMBER


Sorry Rico, I got you in my team set already.... besides, now I have two Dicks!

I'm feeling good about my fellow collectors now! Let's see what else I've been offered!


Oh for the love of--- 

3 comments:

night owl said...

I don't understand the knee-jerk habit to offer a card that's not as old as the card being sought. This seems to be a universal tactic and it fails miserably.

I offer older cards for newer cards on the MCG site all the time and, shockingly, I do get the cards I want.

People might want to try that, instead of facing constant rejection. I've hit "delete" hundreds of times.

Matt Flaten said...

So you were offered some Cox for your Cookie? Isn't that sexual harassment?

GCA said...

I get the same thing for my bunch of '71s. Who are these kids who think a 200x year card is a valid offer for vintage?
The other common thing is the offers for my 1987 stars - and half of those are 2001 Pudge Rodriguezs. And there are a couple guys that will offer the exact same (crappy) thing two or three times over the course of a few days.