I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Flea Market Finds part 4



I lucked out at the flea market last weekend and found an open box of Finest with individual packs for sale. The only place I found single packs last year was at a shop that was selling them for $12.50 a pop. I found this one for much less, although I'm not going to deny it's probably the most I'll spend on a pack this year.

To commemorate the find (and since I had the house to myself this weekend) I broke out the webcam, videoed the pack rip and stuck it on YouTube. There's a weird hum in the video that I can't figure out how to get rid of and it's not exactly action packed, but hey, I'm not Tom the Ripper here. I can safely say I've seen worse on YouTube.

A couple of packs were missing from the mini box so I figured the patch was already gone and took the one in back. I ended up being pleasantly surprised...



Card scans will be up on A Pack To Be Named Later sometime tonight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pull from one pack! Thanks for sharing.

Greg said...

Congrats on the shiny patch thingy!

Duane said...

Awesome pull.....go flea market!

Andy said...

I'm running a weekly baseball contest over at Traded Sets that includes a huge jackpot, now totaling 20 unopened packs and more.

deal said...

I am not sure I buy it...

This dude seems so much more emotional than the original spock.

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

dayf is on YouTube! I LOVE it. And pulling sick low number auto-patch hits out of Finest. The card collecting sky is officially falling. BTW look for some Braves heading your way from yours truly...

Captain Canuck said...

so dayf is buying left over packs from Beckett at the flea market.


interesting......

PunkRockPaint said...

Proof of life. Video Dayfness!!!

I will gladly shower you in Bravey Chipperness in exchange for the Venable card...