I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sneaky Sigs

So lat week I bought a blaster of Goudey. Not too surprising, I've been snapping up blasters like mad since Allen & Ginter and Goudey hit the shelves. I ripped the thing in my car after a meeting at work, quickly shuffled through the cards and picked out all the minis and short prints to add to the Goudey binder. The rest of the cards ended up getting left in the car for about a week. I left the window open during a rainstorm one of those days, but luckily the cards didn't get soggy. I finally rescued the packs and started sorting the base card so I could fill in the holes in my set and I found this:

THE AUTOGRAPHS IN THIS SET ARE TOO DANG EASY TO MISS

This is the second autograph I've pulled from Goudey this year and both times I sloughed it off like it was a crappy common. I'm not the only one who is not immediately noticing the signature either, but I still feel like I'm slipping. I must give Upper Deck credit though, they have made the autographs search proof at least. If you can't tell that they are an auto when you open the pack and are staring directly at the card, there ain't no way pack searchers will be able to find 'em with the wrapper sealed.

I'm pretty amazed by my luck this year, I only pulled one signature card from last year's Goudey and that was from a hobby pack. I'm having ridiculous luck with Rangers cards too, I've pulled Marlon Byrd and David Murphy from Goudey and Ian Kinsler out of my box of Allen & Ginter. Maybe a Hamilton autograph is in my future... I'm sure there's some jealous collectors in Dallas at any rate. I think I need to make sure I check the backs of all my Goudeys from now on before chucking them in a common pile.

Speaking of autographs, I have a few weeks worth of posts queued up over on Auto-Matic for the People. So if you abandoned it due to my infrequent postings, you'll be pleased to know there will be posts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at least through September. I might even throw in the occasional post on a Thursday if I'm in a good mood...

3 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

I abandoned until I started using an RSS reader. Now I eagerly await more posts....

Wax Heaven said...

Nice auto. In case you need trade bait, Joey from Squeeze Play Cards collects Murphy.

Anonymous said...

Crap. I am one of the jealous DFW residents...

I pulled a Goudey Willingham auto [eat your heart out Mario :)] from a Wal-Mart on I-30 last week...nice enough, but that Murphy is high on my list.

Foiled again!