I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 21, 2008

2006 Goudey Greats

I don't have time to do much today on the blog, so I'll just post this insert card from 2006 Fleer Tradition that foreshadowed this year's Goudey set. This was a one per box insert if I'm not mistaken, which cheesed me off since they were pretty hard to find. As you can see it also has the "Griffey Jr. says..." bit on it and it looks like they tacked on the Sports Royalty banner on the top for whatever reason.

Plus, it's Maddog. Gotta love that.

And yes, Upper Deck did own Fleer by this time.

3 comments:

madding said...

If only they had kept the "Griffey says" text on the back for 2008 Goudey. Hell, even if they just made up stuff from Griffey/Jeter to say, I probably would have wanted to buy some. I don't know why that annoys me so much, but it does. And I keep reading about people saying that the 2007 packs keep showing up in the bargain bins and repack boxes, but I can't find it anymore at all. I actually liked that set.

Anonymous said...

madding, the Super Target in the Beaver Creek Commons shopping center in Apex, NC has 2007 Goudey packs for $1.49 in its bargain bin if you want to make the trip :)

madding said...

Nice tip... oh, wait. You had me going there for a second. We have a Beaver Creek somewhere in the Portland, OR area too.