I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GOD BLESS HOCKY

If the CBC doesn't want this I'll sure take it. Go vote to make this song the new official CBC Hockey Night in Canada song.



At any rate, this is my new "Hocky Post" theme song. From now on whenever I post a hockey card, you have to listen to this while reading the post. I'll be checking too, so no cheating. Here's an awesome card from my favorite '70s hockey set.

Hey! You gotta listen to the song! This is meaningless without the song!! Click on the song!

Aww yeah. Isn't that beautiful?? Hockey Scores really does perfectly encapsulate all that is good about hockey. It goes wonderful with this card of the venerable Don Cherry. Note how in later years how the fabric of his tie and suit swapped places. Between Don's rookie card, Don's wonderful suits and the soothing tones of Hockey Scores, this may possibly be the perfect Hockey post. It's a damn shame I wasted it in the middle of summer. Oh well, the season is just a couple of months away!

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

That's right, and Go Flames!!! Gotta love the home team! (uhh, oh yeah, sorry dayf.....)

Anonymous said...

I just figured this was in honor of Upper Deck Victory coming out today, the first hockey release of the 08/09 season. And it's about time, really.