I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2008 Topps Heritage High Numbers Edition

Reader Chris just pointed out this cryptic Pre-Sell for 2008 Topps Heritage High Numbers Edition. I can't find any info on this online, but it states in the ad that it releases around November 17th. $65 a box, 24 packs a box, 8 cards a pack. Sounds like a normal Heritage box to me... Has Topps ditched '52 Rookies and replaced it with Heritage Series 2? Is this why they killed off Bowman Heritage? My Topps Heritage binder is already pretty full... I may have to upgrade now. Man, I hope this isn't the new '52 Rookies... Can you imagine an entire set full of gaudy '59 Rookie Stars? My eyes hurt just thinking about it.

In other news The sell sheets for 2008 Updates & Highlights are out if you're interested. You can check them out in a .pdf file here or in .jpg form here. (I'd go with the .jpgs) I'm still pissed at Topps for fucking up their base set, but the finally show a Kosuke Fukudome rookie, and a couple of sweet Chipper Jones cards in the sell sheet so it's worth a look.

6 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

3 whole White Sox base cards and a lot of TBD. Don't do me any favors Topps.

madding said...

And, of course, the info on the sell sheets about the 330 base cards doesn't add up at all. After the 197 "traded" players - they say traded in the offseason or during the 2008 season, the 45 rookies and the 88 subset cards... how do they explain all the players like Ryan Ludwick, Aaron Miles, and Brad Thompson? (Sorry, just naming Cardinals here because that's what I'm most familiar with.) Hell, Joey Votto even has another card for some reason. It's completely misleading to leave out the fact that a lot of the set is filler- players that were left out of the first two sets for no good reason (Ludwick), players that just aren't usually set-worthy (Miles and Thompson) and... ??? (Votto.)

Anonymous said...

Being a huge fan of Topps Heritage, I'm pretty excited to hear about this. I thought I'd have to wait til the spring for another Heritage set. So it's good news for me!

deal said...

They have already put the 07 All-Stars in the 08 Heritage edition -not sure if they would want to put the 08 All-Stars in the 08 Heritage High number - just like they were in 1959.

Wax Heaven said...

At first I hated '52 but after a year I love it since these unknown guys are usually the only ones that sign for you!

Anonymous said...

I really like Heritage so I look forward to seeing this new set.