I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, August 15, 2008

All 30 Parks

Chris from ToppsHeritage.com relayed this anecdote recently and I thought it was pretty cool.

Every day I take the #49 bus from my work to downtown Dallas, and catch the light rail downtown. Yesterday, this guy gets on the bus and I immediately notice that he's wearing a Minnesota Twins hat. He also has a large backpack on. I don't think much more about that, other than the fact that I dislike the Twins (division rival of my Royals) until I get downtown and we both get off the bus. I then notice that he's wearing a KC Royals shirt and I thinking to myself, "What the heck? Who would wear a Royals shirt and Twinkies hat?". Having grown up in KC, and still being a huge Royals fan, I must find out. So I ask him if he's from KC. He says he is not, but he just came from KC. He is from Canada and he's working his way around the country to see all 30 ballparks. Anyway, he's writing a blog about his trip and if you're interested, here is the link.


Matthew's Baseball Adventure

Thanks, Chris! This is extremely cool, lots of pictures of not only the game but of the cities he visits. I especially like this recap of the Braves vs. Phillies game in Philadelphia with Ben Franklin, cheesesteaks and a Brian McCann grand slam. I really want to go catch a game or two now. I'm glad Chris and Matthew took that bus!

No comments: