I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Americana 2 - A Relic, Hooray!

Well, I managed to piss someone off by mocking an ugly card of someone who hasn't updated their web page in a year. I was about to update the post with some good information left in the comment, but they decided to get nasty, so forget it. I'm going to be nice to the guy on this card though 'cause he can kick my ass.

RK-JM Justin "Mayhem"Miller Ring Kings


I don't know anything about Mixed Martial Arts. It's just something I never got into. If I want boxing, I'll watch boxing. If I want martial arts, I'll watch a kung fu movie. If I want violence and mayhem, I'll watch hockey. If I want two guys kicking the living crap out of each other, I'll watch They Live. I've just never seen the need to watch all of that at the same time. I don't know, maybe if I tried it, I'd like it. Sadly, it's a major scheduling hassle for me just to sit down and watch a few innings of the Braves on TV, so I doubt I'll be making time for MMA anytime soon.

That being said, now that I look into Mayhem Miller on the interwebs, this card is freaking awesome. Mainly because Jason Miller is completely out of his mind. He looks like a pretty good fighter (20-5-0 according to back of the card) but he's easily the best interview ever. Check out this insanity where he discusses Mormonism, evolution and the Flying Spaghetti Monster:



All interviews should be like this. Maybe Jason can take over for Tim Russert on Meet The Press. It sure would make this crappy election a lot more fun. I'm clueless about the fighting, but the guy sure is a hell of an entertainer who even does his own web show thingy. I also like the Evil Cult Monkey logo. Not quite enough to pony up for the T-Shirt, but I approve of the concept of vampire monkeys in principle. When I originally pulled this card I wasn't too impressed, but now I know that it's way better than a swatch of a blouse off some actress. I just don't want to know where this bit of cloth came from. I really hope it's a shirt, but it's probably best not to think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging from that pack, Donruss seriously skimped out on quality control as compared to last year's set.

Captain Canuck said...

as far as MMA goes, if Gina Carano doesn't get you into it, nothing will.
Feel free to google or youtube that name at your leisure...

Anonymous said...

Ignore captain canuck.

Google Fedor Emelianenko. Greatest fighter ever.