I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, August 29, 2008

Another Political Post That Will Only Bring Me Trouble And Strife

... but I'm doing it anyway.

Announcing the 2008 Republican Nominee for Vice President of the United States:

Nope.
Sadly, no.
Oh thank the Lord Jesus no.

Yep.

So why am I posting this on a card blog after my last political post caused the closest thing to a flame war there has ever been on this site to break out? Well, equal time for one thing, but mostly because she's a





And because it gives me an excuse to post an autographed card of one of my favorite players - three time Stanley Cup Champion Joey Mullen, who grew up in New York, which is the state that Hillary Clinton represents as senator, and since Hillary is the reason Sarah Palin was chosen to be the nominee in the first place, the whole thing fits together nicely.

Let the flaming begin.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up in Canada, I spent a lot of time with a lot of hockey moms. If she had time to be governor of Alaska, I doubt she was doing much carpooling, making hamburgers, working bingos, taking her shifts in the rink kitchen, etc? Having kids that play hockey, doesn't make you a hockey mom. It just makes you the woman all the actual hockey moms hate, because they constantly have to schelp your kid around and cover for you.

Just call yourself a soccer mom. they just have to drive minivans, eh? ;)

Probably not the start of a flame war that you were anticipating, but maybe this one can go down a more light hearted path.

madding said...

So where is the promised MS Paint card of Hockey Mom?

It's funny, because at first glance on the news today she reminded me of Elaine from Seinfeld.

dayf said...

I've had a really crappy day that's about to get worse and I'm not in the MSPainting mood right now. Any requests on the year and brand once I get my mojo back?

Billy Suter said...

So it's Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin. Interesting...

Let's hope the next 4 years will be better than the last 8 years. It can't get much worse, eh?

Chris Harris said...

She looks a lot like Tina Fey to me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chris; she looks almost exactly like Tina Fey! If only McCain were more like Alec Baldwin, it could be a great 30 Rock ticket...

madding said...

I guess to stay consistent, 2008 Topps would make the most sense. It might be more fun to see her in a well-known hockey set design, though.