I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Luis Sumoza has no cards at all

Not even one. Not even a Bowman card.

He looks like a solid prospect though. Hopefully a silver lining of the Tim Hudson injury will be that Frank Wren will forget about trading the future for stopgaps this offseason and let the kids play for a year. Yeah, a repeat of the 1989 season would suck, but remember that Glavine, Smoltz, Justice, Lemke, Stanton and Mercker were cutting their teeth that year. Let's see what the kids can do and get ready for 2010.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I keep forgetting that Schuerholz isn't GM of the Braves anymore. That piece of shit book I sent you today imprinted it on my brain.

That book is seriously a piece of garbage. It's not even worth me going into why, but it's shameless the way he tries to appear humble and yet pats himself on the back every 1/2 page.

Offy said...

Nothing from a major card manufacturer, but he is in the 2008 Spinners team set.

Ben said...

I agree with Andy. Schuerholz is a genius, but he's never been one to shy away from praising himself. But you can't really blame him? He put together an amazing run in Atlanta.

Whether or not we need Schuerholz back in the GM seat I don't know. But what I do know is that Frank Wren just isn't getting the job done.

Getting rid of Tex was probably the right idea and I'll give Wren that. But every team has to go through rebuilding years. Like Dayf said, let the kids play next year and see where we are in 2010. 2009 doesn't matter. And I can tell you right now, I'll watch Braves baseball next year, but it certainly won't be as frustrating as this year... I have no expectations.

All GMs should be given a list of things not to do. At the top of that list should be the words "1997 Florida Marlins."