I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beat the Junkman

StLToday has a cool quiz up on their site today that allows you to pick out the real Stan Musial Cards from the fan-created fakes.Since many of my readers and fellow bloggers are well acquainted with the art of creating homebrew cards I figured this would be relevant to your interests. I took the quiz myself and got this:

Yeah, I actually missed two of them. There's absolutely no excuse for it either. One I really should have known better and the other was just plain stupidity since I actually have a copy of the card. Or a reprint of it, at any rate. Still, I'll never pass up a seat behind home plate. Can you beat my score? If you do, you will win a prize: the knowledge that at that very moment you knew more about Stan Musial baseball cards than I did about an hour ago (I have since committed his entire collection to memory in a fit of anger). No one can ever take that away from you.

Double hat tip to T.S. O'Connell for providing the link and the images of the originals.

13 comments:

ManOfSteal said...

I got 9/10 (missed the 1957 Topps), and get "VIP treatment at the Champions Club," but I have to admit that I was a good guesser on a couple of others

night owl said...

Got an 8 out of 10. Missed '53 Bowman (no excuse) and '54 Red Heart.

Looks like I'm right there with you behind home plate. Don't get any nachos. Those things are too messy.

Bay Rat North West said...

10
OUT
OF
10

Joe is great! HEY! HEY!
He made Junkie eat some cake! HEY! HEY!
Almost missed the 53 Topps but remembered the set was missing a few cards.

Motherscratcher said...

10/10 It is the most amazing upset since Lyle Lovett. I completely guessed on every single one of them. It's astounding. If I wasn't on my work computer I would have taken a snapshot of the screen for proof, you know like when you used to take pictures of you atari scores. I feel great right now.

I'll bet if I took it again right now I wouldn't be able to get 10 again.

Captain Canuck said...

I got 9/10. Completely blew question #1... then went on a run.
I only have one of those in my collection, well, a reprint of one anyways.

Jeff Mazdra said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Musial quiz. And I live here in St. Louis and didn't know about it. I did fine once I got to that bogus 53 Topps card.

Anonymous said...

do you actully win a prize?

RoofGod said...

I could only manage 8/10 also. Alas no prize for me.

Matt Runyon said...

10 out of 10. Woohoo! :)

McGee's Willie said...

Got 10 out of 10. I surprised myself even.

dayf said...

Your prize is the the joy of seeing such beauteous cards and the satisfaction of a job well done.

Motherscratcher said...

What a gyp.

PunkRockPaint said...

10 outta 10.

Takes a card faker to know a card faker...