I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The people have spoken

Somewhat apathetically and split right down the middle, but spoken they have. As a result, I'm finally going to finish off the posts for my Allen & Ginter Type Set now that I have the time. If you're not familiar with this project, basically in 2007 I realized that you could buy individual vintage Allen & Ginter cards from the 1880s for less than the cost of a 2007 Blaster. Often you could find them for less than the price of a pack! So I stopped buying blasters (the set was mostly complete anyway) and I started buying vintage. My goal was to get one type card from each of the 34 original Allen & Ginter tobacco card sized sets. A few months into 2008 I was down to only needing three cards to complete the set when the supply of vintage A&G cards started declining on eBay. Long story short, I kept losing out on bids,'08 A&G came out, the economy turned suck so I stopped eBaying and I put the project on the back burner.

It's time to finish it off though. I've got ten sets left to post about, four of which can be previewed here. There's also three that I scanned and posted below and three that I don't actually have yet (N17, N23 and N25 if anyone has a pile of 'em lying around). If I can't find them dirt cheap, I'll just post a review of the set itself. So, for the forseeable future, you'll be seeing a lot of Chippers, Lemmers, Ginters, Numbers, 09 Heritage and assorted weirdness. If you're all very good I might even do a box break of a certain horizontally-oriented retro product. If you have a particular A&G card you want to hear about first, pester me in the comments.

1 comment:

RoofGod said...

I was wondering what happened to your little project. Glad it had returned. How about starting with the set that features the horse on the card in your teaser photo?