I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, April 13, 2009

Terrible awful news

The man who was the voice of the Phillies longer than I've been alive died today. Harry Kalas collapsed while preparing for tonight's Phillies and Nationals game this afternoon in Washington and passed away at the hospital. I know exactly how Phillies fans feel right now as the same thing happened to the Braves last year. Hang in there guys and be glad that Harry got to see one more Championship in Philly. I'll miss those soup commericals though.

Godspeed Harry.

3 comments:

Matt said...

As a Phillies fan and a fan of baseball, today has been rough. Besides my dad, there is no one that I associate with bringing me to love the Phils more than Harry.

These are the times that I hope and hope that there is an afterlife, as I sure as hell want to think that Harry and Richie Ashburn are reuniting about now.

Patsearcher said...

Harry will be sorely missed by all Phillies fans, including me. I don't think I've ever teared up at the passing of someone I didn't know until today. Harry's voice was an integral part of my childhood and for that I will be forever grateful.

I will never forget the way he said Mickey Morandini. It made me wish that I could play for the Phillies just to hear Harry say my name.

deal said...

Great card choice.

I saw an interview with Kalas where he was asked about favorite names to say and he loved them all but really like to say
"Mickey Morandini". The alliteracation, cadence and rhythm all worked well he said.