I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blaster League Prize Pool - MMosley's Contribution

First off: I know about the bad link in the teams post. I goofed when making the link and I'll have it fixed by Monday.

Second: Ernest of Canada is in. I got his e-mail yesterday and I haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

Third: if you are wondering how to ante your cards to get in the Prize division, look at the previous post. I can't link it yet, so you'll have to find it yourself. You can do it, you're all smart people. 

Mark from Stats on the back sent in a pile of stuff to ante, here's what I picked out:

2009 Goodwin Jeremy Bloom Auto


This one is kind of interesting... Jeremy is the Olympic skier who was banned by the NCAA from playing football because he had to have a sponsorship to be on the US Olympic team. Because the NCAA is an evil Satanic organization dedicated to the overthrow of all that is good and pure and American. think I'm overreacting? Three words: Bee See Ass. 'Nuff Said.

2003 Playoff Absolute Josh Phelps Hat #115/125


Josh doesn't appear to be in the majors right now, but it's a HAT card! How many hat cards do you have?

1986 Donruss The Rookies Barry Bonds


Matt may have gone overboard with this card. My old-ass price lists it as a $25 card, but I'm guessing it may have dropped a tad since 2001. If you're going to try to sneak a junk wax card into your ante make sure it's something someone might actually want like this. Good rule of thumb for Vintage cards: If you were to pull the card in the Yo Momma Transmogrifier, don't send it if you would be disappointed.

Bowman Scout Mark Wilson Auto


This was thrown in for good measure. Mark worked with Joe Mauer, so it's a decent prize for whoever wins the Mauer jersey. You only need to send three cards, but you can throw in extra if you want. I'll even send this back to Mark if he's desperate to have it back.

No comments: