I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blaster League Prize Pool - Thorzul's Contribution

People are starting to pester me about the prize pool. Here's what you gotta do:

  1. E-mail me (my e-mail is in my profile)
  2. Let me know that you are contributing
  3. Send it to me whenever
That's it. If you want to mail it directly to the winner(s) in October, that's fine. This is a no-pressure league.  Just let me know what you are staking for an ante and e-mail pics if you're not going to send for a while so I can post 'em. Or just send a surprise like Thorzul and Mark did.

This is what I require for an Ante:

Three good cards.

That's it. By 'good' I mean:

Auto
Relic
Numbered insert
Vintage
Something Shiny

You'll know shiny when you see it. Don't go nuts, though, these cards should all be expendable. Don't send the auto of your favorite player or that vintage Mantle card or the crazy auto patch you can't live without. Send decent stuff that means nothing to you. Thorzul did just that, good stuff, but stuff he really needed out of his house.

Here's Thorzul's ante:


2008 UD Heroes Joe Mauer Jersey #53/200


See, this is what I'm talkin' about. A good jersey card of a MVP, but Thorzul is a Brewer fan, so the entire state of Minnesota could be devoured by radioactive beavers and he couldn't care less.


2008 Topps Co-Signers Carlos Zambrano/Ted Lilly Parallel #093/150

A parallel of a meltdowny Cub. Thorzul and Cubs do not get along. Man opening day was great....

1999 Topps Lords of the Diamond Sammy Sosa


It's not numbered, but that insert of Slammin' Sammy is shiny as hell. Die cut too.

1999 Fleer 1961 Parallel Mike Piazza


This one was sort of an extra, I just threw it into the pot for the heck of it. Three cards are all that is required, but you can send more if you just want to get rid of stuff. Deadline for entering your team is Monday....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance for a "Shoot the Moon" booby prize? I just can't see my team claiming anything but last place.

AdamE said...

Would a complete set of 2007 Donruss Elite Extra including David Price RC work instead of 3 cards.

dayf said...

Yeah, that would work. you can hold on to that one and send it out yourself though.