I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Insane YouTube Insomnia Find

I just can't sleep tonight. I originally woke up worrying about work and had to check in on my e-mail to stop my fretting. I tried watching The Boondocks (The MLK episode was on) but still wasn't sleepy. So I got online and started surfing Reddit. I found something completely unexpected posted there, this YouTube video:



I... don't know what to say about this. I don't normally make fun of YouTube breaks, but this is just... wow. On the one hand, I applaud the guy for ripping six dollar boxes of '86 Sportflics. That's pretty cool, I wish I had a six dollar box of Sportflics to rip. However, his encyclopedic knowledge of the 'book prices' of every card and his eagerness to sell them for full book (or wait twenty years for them to appreciate) is disturbing. The fact that 95% of the video of the break is a shot of his marble countertop doesn't help. I did learn that there is a Robin Yount with a Yankees logo error card in the '86 Sportflics set though so it was actually educational. The dude bought a CASE of Sportflics, so I'm sure there are/will be more of these videos. I would suggest to the Super Sportsflics fan that on the next video try to have less countertop and more wiggling of the cards in front of the camera so we can see the Sportsflics do their flicking. Really, that's what YouTube was made for.

7 comments:

night owl said...

I don't know, if you still can't sleep after watching this video, you might need to get some medication. My eyes couldn't stay open listening to him drone on.

Mad Guru said...

Listening to him, it reminded me so much of
Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters:

Joe Martelli Jr. said...

I am now going to spend my entire Sunday digging out Ozzie Guillen cards for their potential upside!

capewood said...

Wow. That was dull.

Chris Harris said...

This guy has serious delusions of grandeur. It's almost as if he ripped this box in 1986, left the tape on the shelf for twenty-two years, and is only posting it to YouTube now.

stusigpi said...

Wow, just wow. Now for some running commentary. "Available at full book value of course" What a douche. Good investment? Go up in price some more? That would indicate that they had gone up at all.

Don't get me wrong I love me some sportsflics. Hit a Jose conseco. Books $8. The Don Mattingly books $2. Brett books for $1.50. Awesome.

I hope this guy is kidding, but sadly he is not.

Everything is available from him at full book value apparently. good god man. People, wow, they go to his site, wow. He is going to cause me some issues.

stusigpi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.