I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Like This Card


Yeah, this is what the Mick's rookie card should look like. None of that '52 Topps junk that Sy Berger dumped in the ocean. A nice '51 game card. This is fake though, a promo for a 2007 Topps Mantle factory set. The set cost 60 bucks but I picked this up for a buck and a half. I'm tempted to take a pair of nail clippers to the corners to make them round like the originals, but maybe that wouldn't be the best idea. I also should have checked to see if they had the Ted Williams '51 retro card too, that was the other promo in the factory set. There was an official game used "whatever Topps could find in Mickey's closet" relic in the set too, but I'm not interested in that. Well, the plaid relic would be kind of neat, but it's really not necessary. One of these days I'd like to be able to afford an original '51 set, both red and blue backs. I'd like to win a set at a live auction, all graded PSA8 or better. That way I could take some pliers, crack 'em all out of their shells and challenge someone to a game with my brand new decks of game cards right there in the auction hall. I get to be the blue backs!

4 comments:

deal said...

To really make it authentic you would have to carry it in your back pocket for about 6 months and get it all creased up.

Steve Gierman said...

If you ever get to do that... I'll be red in the first game!

Anonymous said...

Thats an impressive baseball card. How much would the origonal be worth today

Sooz said...

I have a Jeter card that looks like that and I can't figure out what set it's from.