I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fooked

From a done deal yesterday to who knows what the hell's going on today. Stories of the Braves' imminent signing of Furcal still pepper the feeds on my Google home page, but the reality is he's probably staying in LA. I was all ready to have a fookgasm (I scanned thirty freaking Furcal cards!) but now I'm left with Dodger Blue balls. Who knows, Wren might up the ante, Furcal might have a change of heart, maybe even the A's jump in with a last minute offer. Still, it looks like Furcal is about to leave this group of beloved ex-Braves:

and join this group of former Atlantans in the hearts of Brave fans:

There's already talk of a boo fest or a pitch in the earflap for Furcal at the Dodgers' first game on July 31st at the Ted by irked Braves fans on the forums. Braves fans are too laid back for any Philly-style violence, but I'm pretty sure he won't get a warm reception ever again.

This whole offseason has been really disheartening. Absolutley NO ONE will go with Frank Wren and his $40 million to the prom and he's asked every girl in flag corps, 4H and the chess club. It's about time to circle the wagons, sign an innings eater or that Japanese pitcher, try to snag a cheap batfor left field, let the prospects marinate a little longer and focus on 2010. The important thing is to stay calm and maintain a sense of humor about these things.

Calmer than you are, Dude... Calmer than you are.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I guess I'm going to have to be the one to can 30 Furcal cards. (Wait a minute, I don't have 30 Furcal cards).

Even though I have a sneaking suspicion that Colletti is getting played, I'd love to have Raffy back.

night owl said...

Uh, that'd be "scan" not "can." I don't have 30 Furcal cards to "can" either.