But there is a fat man in Georgia who wants to give out cards. Here's the list so far:
- David - Indians, Indians Minor League, Jim Thome
- Joe - Reds
- Steve - Chicago White Sox, White Sox Minor League, Harold Baines (any team), John Cangelosi (any team), Carlton Fisk (any team), Don Wakamatsu (any team), 2008 Topps Heritage
- Capewood - Phillies - Phillies - Phillies., 1987 Topps (anybody), early 1990 Phillie
- Cardboard Addiction - How about this theme? Guys with both mustaches and eyeglasses who show their teeth while smiling.
- Eric Slette - Pettitte, Jeter, Posada, and Rivera: Mauer, Morneau, Chad Greenway and Shane Battier.
- Jack Plumstead - Red Sox please
- Kevin - Orioles, 1982 Topps
- Dan - Reds! Votto! Larkin!
- SamdaMan - twins, ian kinsler, nick markakis
- Jeffrey Wolfe - Pirates
- grcl - dodgers, steve garvey (any team), ron cey (any team), davey lopes (any team), don sutton (any team), opeechee
- Scott C. - Mike Greenwell, 1984 Topps
- Cardboard icons - Red Sox, Ken Caminiti, Albert Belle, Roger Clemens, Grady Sizemore, David Wright
- Billy Suter - Pirates, want list
- Andy - 71 and 73.
- night owl - Dodgers, 1983 Topps, '95 Topps.
- gritz - Cubs, Scott Radinzky
- shane diaz- hockey cards
- motherscratcher- Cleveland, Sizemore, Camacho, Cory Snyder, Joe Charboneau.
- madguru - Stadium Club 1994 and 1999 especially, Lance Johnson, Montreal Expos non-stars
- Carlton - Steve Carlton and Steve Avery
- Galen - Phillies
- Burnsee - The Broncos or any football!
- sluggerdeuce - Brewers, A's
- Brian - Billy Willaims, Fergie Jenkins, Andre Dawson, Dave Winfield, Rickey Henderson
- Mark - Mark Grace
- Captain Canuck - you know me...
- The writers journey - Reds, Chris Sabo, Eric Davis, and Mario Soto
- Alex - Pete Rose, Mark McGuire, Sosa, Clemens, Ripken, Boggs, Puckett, Nolan Ryan, Molitor, Reds
- paul's random stuff - Mets, Tim Raines please
- Adam E - Red Sox, boxing
- zpop - BJ Surhoff, Tim Wakefield
- rod - Padres, players from Oregon, Tim Flannery, Artie Wilson, guys named Rod and cards 9,13 & 57 from any set
- mab - Baseball or Football, early 80s. Saints, Will Clark, Red Sox.
- zman40 - Royals
- madding - Cardinals, minor league Cardinals and/or any Jim Edmonds Angels cards. Blazers
- erin - Cardinals
- laurens - Angels,base cards from premium brand cards from the 1990s, base cards from the last 25 years
- deal - Record Breaker and special event cards (No-Hitters, Post Season Games, Big HR or SB games) any team, early 80s Yankees, O's, Dodgers, and Phils any era
- geordie - Brett Butler cards.
- Ben - Steve Avery
- Thorzul -cards of guys depicted playing for a team they were not best known for
- Matt - Tigers, Lions, Devils and Red Wings
- j miller - A's
- zach mills - Royals, minor league cards
- RoofGod - Detroit teams, Mark McGwire cards
- fanofreds - Reds
- Michel - Houston Astros, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio
- Chuck's Used Cards - hockey - (any Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Boston), NFL -Dallas Cowboys
- MLB - Yankees - I need any Jeter or Rodriguez
- Don - 82 - 85 Fleer, 83 - 85 Donruss, Detroit Tiger Minor leaguers, 91 Bowman
- Flash - Don Mattingly 1997 - present, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Yankees
- steveisjewish - Mets, Robin Ventura, topps cards (not 86 or 87)
- Mike Ralaigh - Marty Barrett,
- jacobmrly - Mets, red sox, mike piazza, todd hundley, gary carter.
- Bo - Yankees
- TheJaw - Chicago Cubs
- BaseballDad - Indians
- Aron - Astros, Royals
- HookMan - Orioles
- Bo Rosny - Yankees
- Dave H - MLB - Braves, Braves minor leaguers, Fred McGriff (any team), Julio Franco (any team), Brian Jordan (any team), Javy Lopez (any team), NFL - Steelers, NHL - Penguins,
There are a few people on the list who aren't on the list yet, so to speak. If you want in, go ahead and leave a comment and/or e-mail. The list is getting pretty long, so the holiday season may end up extending to St. Patrick's day, but hey, free cards is free cards. A few things to note:
- If someone else picked your team, that's not a problem. I have PLENTY of cards as you'll see below.
- I've been getting e-mails with addresses, which is good. The easier it is to find your address, the quicker the package will get out.
- I do not expect anything in return. If you absolutely have to send me something back or you will feel that your balance of karma is misaligned, please send something after you receive your cards. Note that you have something to send me in an e-mail and I'll include an index card with my address in the package.
- If you're desperate to have this before Xmas, let me know and I'll see what I can do. The first wave of packages should go out on Friday.
Ok, now that that's out of the way, wanna see what was in the box? Well, here you go:
About half the box was filled with pages full of cards like this. Everything got here in tip-top shape thanks to:
The valiant sacrifice of Jack Armstrong, who saved the box from werewolves, typhoons and a global banking collapse. Jack sadly didn't make it, but he told me on his deathbed to win just one for the Gipper. Here's what came out of the pages:
I told you there were plenty of cards. Packages will be about 20-50+ cards each depending on the obscurity of the request. This is in addition to all the other junk I have, so please, request any team you want.
Here's a slightly better photo of the beautiful rainbow of cards. I almost didn't want to sort these into teams it was so purdy.
There was other stuff in there too, all ready to go. And remember kids, I'm just talkin' bout the Marx Brothers...