I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, January 12, 2009

The rant you've all been waiting to hear

About you know who.

Night Owl was bemoaning the fact he had been suckered into collecting the Stadium Club set and was showing off some cool ones he just got from Albukwirke. He showed the card of ol' whatsisface and commented
But I'll let the Braves fans talk about that.

So I did.

This is the only time I will ever write about this so go check it out if you so desire. If you want to argue about it, don't bother. I'm very stubborn about these things and Bobby himself couldn't get my opinion to change.

4 comments:

night owl said...

When you said "deep breath," I thought I would be reading for 3 paragraphs. Not NINE LONG ONES! wow.

Actually, I couldn't agree with you more. When I said, "I have my thoughts," that's about what my thoughts were, although not as indepth or well thought out.

The thing that shocks me is the lack of maturity Smoltz displays for someone who is 41 years old, with kids, etc. (I know he is fairly recently divorced). By the time you're 41, the whole "lack of respect thing" is supposed to be a non-issue. Whining about lack of respect is so age 25.

I always kind of liked Smoltz. This certainly doesn't help my opinion of him.

PunkRockPaint said...

Well said.

Dave said...

I don't know. If I was a year or two away from retirement, and another company offered me a huge amount of money more than the employer that I had been with for my whole career, it would certainly be tempting to take it. And in Smoltz's case, we're talking millions of dollars. That has to be very hard to say no to.

'30-Year Old Cardboard said...

I felt the same way when Karl Malone left Utah to play with the Lakers...