I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, January 30, 2009

2009 Topps Is Live

Mark at Stats on the Back just found packs at Target. Looks like JayBee's noticed too. There were no pics so I had to verify on my own. Here are two eBay auctions:

Topps Gold Angel Salome 773/2009

Topps Gold Mickey Mantle 570/2009


You can presell sets and even inserts with impunity, but there is absolutely no way to presell a serial numbered card. I guess I'm going to Target in the morning. Away we go....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I went to Target today, too, because I had heard rumors, but nada.

I need to live in a more hip part of the country. That's all there is to it.

Anonymous said...

One of my Targets had them, another did not, here in the suburbs of Chicago

-arfmax

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

I'm glad I live right next to a Target and a Walmart and I will be visiting both tomorrow morning.

sociallyawkwardjellyfish said...

they're probably put on the shelves by morons who don't pay attention to street dates

Goose Joak said...

Yay, Mickey Mantle card. Playing infield, huh??WEQ?!@ Weird. Is that legit or is this a photoshop job?

Don said...

I just happened to be in Target last night and did not see anything. I am going to Wal Mart today and will look.

Dave, Mantle did play SS in the minors. But I have not seen the card you are talking about (this is the first place I visited this morning),

Anonymous said...

I found the topps about a week before the release date at the local fred meyer I can't weigh in on the difference because there still are o upper deck and Iv'e checked target and Wall mart as well just to get a look at the cards it seems from the post I like the UD design a little better but not much it's probly gonna come down to the inserts and what the hobby boxes have to offer if I even buy a box I'll probaly wait for the goudeys or 1 high end for my 1st hobby box for the year. Grant