I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, November 3, 2008

Pimpin' the Blogs... Pimpin the Blogs...

I've got a whole bunch of blogs to pimp today. It's a combination of new stuff I've found, a couple of friends who took the plunge, some stuff I'm not sure if I've pimped before, and some people who begged for the pimpin'.

Before I do any pimpin' however, I need some help from my dear readers.

Last week, I found a cool blog I'd never seen before dedicated to someone's collection of cards with the number 5. Every card was number 5 - not serial numbered, mind you - just was number 5 in the set. There was a really slick Frank Robinson oddball card as the top post when I found it. I was lazy and waited to link it in my blogroll, and then...........

Computer crashed.

Blog go poof.

I can't find the damn thing again for nothin.

If anyone knows what blog this is I'm talking about please post the link in the comments. I want to read this thing and I promise I'll link right away from now on if I can just find this blog again. And now back to your regularly scheduled pimpin'.

Update: FOUND. Thanks to everyone who helped. This blog will take top spot in my next pimpin' post.

Waxaholic

Blogger Captain Canuck finally started up his own blog after getting his feet wet over at A Pack A Day. A fellow Braves fan, the man knows how to do a good rant. The poor guy is stuck up in the frozen north with very few card shops so check out his blog and maybe send him a LaRoche card or two to get thim through the cold, cold winter. Warning: He'll send you Hoops.

PunkRockPaint

This could be my favorite blog of all time, I just don't know it yet. Don't believe me? Just look at this. Now look at this. Oh yeah. This is the shiznit. He's also a Padres fan. I am SO happy to find a Padres fan blogging. Now I can pick out the Padres to give a good home while desperately looking for Royals, Indians and Dodgers to send off to other bloggers. PunkRockPaint also contributes to this blog:

Things Done To Cards

This is a blog I should really be writing for, but I'm having a hard enough time writing for my 12 other blogs. So what is it? It's a blog about cards like this. Cards like this. Cards like this. And, of course, homebrew cards like this. You like cards like that, don't you? Sure, we all do!

Padrographs; Abner to Zimmer


Autograph cards! Everyone loves autograph cards! And almost everyone loves the Padres! (seriously, how can you hate the fryar) AND THIS IS BOTH!

The Topps Archives

If you like strange oddball Topps weirdness (and I loooooves it) this is the blog for you. Each post is a mini history lesson about an obscure set, or maybe the wrappers, or just something fun. We need more of this stuff on the 'net.

Card Buzz

Have I linked this one before? I'm not sure. What the hey, I'll do it again. This 'under the radar' blog from an Angels fan has been around since 2004 (!!!) so give one of the old-timers a look. Bonus: Phillie Phanatic!

Tastelikedirt

I know I've had this linked for months, but I don't think I've pimped it yet. Epic A's fan, brilliant artist and lots and lots of A's cards. You know I love the team collectors.

Sports Card Blog

Two posts in, epic rant. This is one to keep an eye on.

I think I've linked these guys before, they just wanted some love from the ol' pimp daddy. Give 'em lots of hits.

30-year Old Cardboard

Loves the Fergies, loves the Billys, loves the Andres. And, of course, 30-year old cardboard. Also did something that I've been thinking about doing for over a year, but never got around to: Ticket Stubs! This is a regular read for me.

garvey cey russell lopes

what more is there to say besides
garvey
cey
russell
lopes


oh, give him some dodgers cards, i can say that too

Need More Morneau

great reviews, great rants, NO RSS FEED! Dude, you're killing me. Get a feed so I can put you over on the sidebar and I'll give you some Morneau cards. You'll get more hits too.
Update: NOW WITH FEED! I can put it over on the side now.

West Virginia Cards

I'm not sure Billy even asked to be pimped, but I'm doing it anyway. Besides, Sta-Puft Mashmallow Man!!! Oops, I mean, Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man!!!

Stop the presses!!!

While I was typing out this post I got one last pimpin' request! From Steveisjewish! Here's his brand new blog!

The Easy Life

Six posts in and this blog has already reached the pinnacle of the blogging craft. Keep up the good work, buddy.

12 comments:

night owl said...

The link for that blog you're looking for is:

http://number5typecollection.blogspot.com

And I'll be happy to give any Dodgers a good home!

Rod (Padrographs) said...

Thanks for pimpin the site!

Steve Gierman said...

Night Owl beat me to it, but http://number5typecollection.blogspot.com/ is the correct blog. He's been on my blog roll since the beginning and he's also a writer at Things Done To Cards, which you should be writing for. ::cough, cough::

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for the pub. I think I got the RSS thing figured out and I sent you the link (or what I think is correct).

PunkRockPaint said...

I LOVE the #5 blog so much I had to make this...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x156/tpeterson19/card-spike.jpg

Such a cool collection. I am sooooooo jealous.

Thanks for the kind words. I will work hard-ish to make you proud...

I still wanna make a new Dayf card...

James B. Anama said...

Thanks for pimping. All have been added to my Sports Card Blogroll.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama
bdj610

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the 'free pimp'!!

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea JayBee. I'm going to go ahead and add all these to my blogroll as well. Can't hurt to help each other get some good traffic.

James B. Anama said...

needmomorneau:

Fantastic. Just make sure to add my actual blog to your blog roll when you do.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama
bdj610

Billy Suter said...

Thanks for the pimpage, dayf!

Sports Card Blog said...

Thanks for the plug!

steveisjewish said...

Thanks for the kind words my friend!