I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stuff from Zach

I'm about to basketball you to death tonight, so let's put a little baseball buffer in between Al Horford and Jack Lambert (there is something as too much awesome) and show off some stuff I got in the mail today. Reader Zach from Autographed Cards saw I pulled a Mike Aviles RC out of Topps Updates & Highlights and, being a Royals fan, really really wanted him. So, I sent Zach that Aviles and a few Royals cards (lots of Beltran. Jeez I got a lot of Beltran cards) and he sent me back this:

2008 Topps Dick Perez Chipper Jones!

Do you know what this MEANS??

I never have to buy another pack of 08 Topps U&H from Wal-Mart ever again!

YAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm already regretting getting that blaster from Target, even though I got an Asdrubal Cabrera jersey, an Eric Chavez jersey, the 1994 NL West Title and the immortal soul of Ernie Lombardi out of the deal. I'll regret it more once I start opening Heritage High Series packs.

This extremely dark card is from 2000 Mystique, a somewhat forgettable set. Of course, I've got a ton of it, but I don't actually see this one in my Chipper box, so BOOYAH!

2007 Upper Deck Triple Play. This was a bonus on one of UD's Fat Packs last year. I think it was in the end of the year series one and two combo packs. I bought one of those packs specifically for the Chipper and I've gotten at least two more from readers in trades. But wait! There's a scratch off game on the back where I can get 10,000 bonus points for Upper Deck's reward program! Which is only for kids! Oh well, a Chipper's a Chipper. I'm cure Canuck will want it, and I need to find some trade bait for that Matt Ryan he pulled anyway.

Thanks Zach! I'm glad we were able to help each other to stop buying Updates & Highlights!

2 comments:

zman40 said...

I blog Autographed Cards. I'm glad you like the cards (especially the Mystique) and I'm looking forward to getting mine in the next day or two.
I was actually stationed at Ft. Stewart for a little less than two years and the Braves were my home-away-from-home team. I made it to 15 games in a season and a half (including a forgettable game five to the Astros in '04; hey Carlos Beltran). Today, the Braves are my NL team.

zman40 said...

The best part of the UD scrath-off card is the clear picture of the 40th Anniversary Patch.