I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Five Lousy Cards

UPDATE: I have offers in hand for the five I need. Still looking for the Spahn and Chipper though. Thanks for the offers!

Dan : Jay Bruce
Scott : Michael Young
Jim : Jake Peavy
Max : Alex Rodriguez and Gary Sheffield

Thanks guys!

After three blasters, a handful of packs and a trade of 2008 Masterpieces I'm missing 5 stinking cards:

34 Gary Sheffield
59 Jay Bruce
62 Alex Rodriguez
77 Jake Peavy
87 Michael Young

Reader Chris of Project '62 knocked out about dozen I needed in exchange for 5 for his set, a couple of vintage cards and a whole mess 'o 1987 Topps. So now all I need is five stupid cards. So I did what any rational collector would do:

I bought a double blaster from K-Mart since they were on sale. Problem was I got through half the packs, didn't get a single card I needed and got cold feet. Now I have a pile of doubles and 8 unopened packs. These are the cards I have to trade right here:

1 (2)
2
4
7
9
15 (2)
18
19
21
23 (2)
25 (2)
28
29
32
33
37
39
43
44 (2)
45
46
51
53
58 (2)
60
63
65
67
71 (2)
74
81
85 (2)
86 (2)
90

SO HERE'S WHAT I'M A GONNA DO:

I want to knock this stuff out and move onto something else. I have a pile of doubles and a pile of packs. Here's my offer: Make me a trade that gets me closer to this set and I'll send you three cards for one and an unopened pack. I might even send you some more junk, who knows.

In addition to the set, I'd like to find the Warren Spahn short print #95. Base or parallel, I don't care. If someone out there has that card and is willing to send it to me, I will send you:

Five cards off that doubles list up there
One unopened pack
And your choice of any of the short prints I already have:

91 Eddie Murray
98 Johnny Bench
101 Cal Ripken Jr.
102 Nolan Ryan
105 Tom Seaver

That's 10 cards for one folks, so go find that Spahnnie.

Also - I desperately want a Chipper Jones framed parallel. Any and all Chipper Jones framed parallels*. Same deal as before: five doubles, a pack and any one of the framed cards I have already:

78 Barry Zito Black frame
50 Joe Mauer Blue frame #060/125
58 Ian Kennedy RC Brown frame #030/100
71 Ryan Howard Green frame #35/75

So if you have any of this stuff let me know and I'll get you some packs and cards. If you don't have anything I need but you need cards for your set that's cool too, shoot me an e-mail (in profile) and I'll help get your set finished.

* NO TEX. Framed Spahn cards would be cool too, but absolutely no Mark Teixeira.

5 comments:

gcrl said...

you don't want to know this but i bought a pack yesterday and got the bruce and peavy in one shot.

they are yours, now though.

gcrl at comcast.net

jacobmrley said...

i just sent you an email with my offer for the other three...

deal said...

Kmart is selling masterpieces BOGO???

gritz76 said...

Hey I just won a SP lot on Ebay and guess what. One is the Spahn. It's yours if you want to give up the Ripken Jr. or the Ryan card and send me back the extra Sandberg you got. I also still need #34 and #62 if you happen to open the extra packs.

slugger02 said...

Wish I had seen your post earlier...have all 5 and the Spahnnie for you. Lemme know if any of your deals fall through.

sluggerdeuce at yahoo.com