I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What the...

The Gwinnett Braves have their mascot for the 2009 season. His name is Chopper. Here's a picture of the critter:


Yep, That's a groundhog. I was initially taken aback when I first saw it. However, it does have a few things going for it:

a) It's cute.
2) Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania has had a free ride for too goddamn long.
Σ) It makes no sense.
four) It's a hell of a lot better than the stupid mascots the parent club employs.

So basically what I'm saying is, I approve. I'd prefer a surreal rodent over a Mr. Met ripoff any day. And guess what? YOU can be the mascot! You have less than two hours to make up a skit and drive out to Lawrenceville, GA... But c'mon! It's totally worth it to be able to don that majestic costume AND GET PAID FOR IT!

BONUS TRIVIA!

Did you know that the groundhog is actually a marmot? I totally love this mascot now!

3 comments:

Gellman said...

So they named their mascot after a poorly hit baseball that bounces off home plate? Weird. Thats like the Hawks naming their mascot "Brick" or "Airball."

--David said...

Okay. No. I had no idea. I also could not get my skit together in time to audition. My children will be heartbroken. Of course, how many times in life do hear someone say, "Get your skit together, young man!"

Anonymous said...

maybe he's named after chipper...i mean he does have the beard thingy