I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sticky Stuff From Tribecards

I haven't posted a sticker over the weekend in a long time, so I figured why not. I got this '70s era Fleer sticker in a package from Tribecards a loooong time ago. This is a good looking sticker, the script A logo is very brightly colored and has a lot of eye appeal. That cool old '7o's logo is very comforting to me in times of trouble. Plus it's two stickers in one! I could (theoretically) peel off the A and stick it to my 70's Braves binder and then slap the Braves name logo right on my monitor so I could stare at it while blogging. I'd never actually do that however, because I've always been neurotic about protecting my sticker cards. But it's possible. I'm not sure which year this is from but the back holds an important clue:


I think this is the national flag of Namibia, but I'm not 100% on that. Never use this blog for research on your social studies project, but I think most of you knew that already. Anyway FleerFan is definitely the place to go for your Fleer Sticker Identifying needs. Like I said TribeCards sent this in a package full of weird oddball stuff a while back. I've pulled it back out and have scanned a lot of the cooler stuff to show off this week. A couple of things I didn't even know existed, so I'm talking ooooooooddball. Along with the weirdness there was a possibly complete 1993 Donruss Triple Play Braves team set, a minor league card of Glenn Williams the overhyped Australian, A Toys R' Us rookie card of Kent Mercker, '87 Topps Gene Garber, '86 Fleer checklist featuring the Braves (and Brewers, David must have deemed me more worthy than Thorzul for this card (or had two of them...)), a card that is immediately going to Dinged Corners and Marcus Giles with his fingers in his ears. Also included was a note:


Better late than never?

Indeed!

1 comment:

Fleerfan said...

Its always good to see a post from you on Fleer stickers!

The Braves Sticker is from 1978. The white/red/white/blue border is from the puzzle that year:

http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/2008/06/1978-fleer-grand-slam-hi-gloss-baseball.html